Moving home is an excellent opportunity for a big clear out. However, there are also some items that you should consider leaving behind.
The reason for this is because many pieces of furniture and other household goods can be easily replaced and upgraded when you get to your new residence. Read on to find out more.
Consider Leaving These Items Behind
- Clothing – Many of us have clothes in the wardrobe that we don’t even notice anymore let alone wear. Therefore, you should take the time to assess what items you wear regularly or are fond of, and then donate or sell the rest. You should also take into consideration if there will be a weather change in the location you’re moving too.
- Papers and documents – It goes without saying that you’ll want to keep important documents with you when moving. These types of documentation include your marriage license, birth certificates and financial records. However, less important documents such as old newspapers, utility letters and other files are an unnecessary source of extra weight. You can either collate these and store them electronically, or dispose of.
- Bathroom and Kitchen Items – Half of what is currently in your bathroom and kitchen is actually out of date. Therefore, there is absolutely no need to take most of it. When clearing out, meticulously check the dates of all items and throw away.
- Old Furniture – Furniture is bulky and heavy to transport – especially if you’re moving long distance. Moving to a new home may be the perfect opportunity to let some old pieces of furniture go and replace with new items. If you don’t want to hang on to them, you can donate them to local charities or a friend or family member.
- Appliances and household items – It’s quite possible that a new may include white goods. If this is the case, but you need to do something with your old appliances, a local charity would more than likely be happy to pick take them off your hands.
Call Americanway Today
To find out more about downsizing and moving home, call us today at 937-898-7294.