Voting is a very important process, especially if you’re passionate about changing the future of your country. Therefore, it’s so important that once you move home, you ensure that you’re registered to vote. If you live in or have just recently moved to Ohio, at American Way Van & Storage, we’ve put together important steps on how to make sure you’re registered to vote in the upcoming election.
To participate in any Ohio state elections or federal elections, you must be registered ahead of time. This can be done through the Ohio Secretary of State (SOS). Alternatively, you can register to vote through the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) while completing driver’s license or ID card transactions.
You must meet the following criteria in order to be able to vote in Ohio:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before Election Day.
- Be an Ohio resident for at least 30 days.
- NOT be imprisoned for a felony conviction.
- NOT be declared incompetent to vote by a probate court.
- NOT be permanently disqualified for violating an election law.
If you want to vote in an upcoming election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days ahead of time.