Selecting the correct moving box is critical before the big day. You must not overlook safety and adequately protected items during a move. Chances are everything in your home is being packed into boxes and loaded on a truck. It’s easy for the truck to hit a bump and jostle the contents of your home around. If you have breakables, cracks are all too real of a possibility. You want to combine affordability with security when it comes to moving boxes.
Cheaper Isn’t Better
Let’s face it, moving is often expensive. Homeowners are typically working within a moving budget, and you’re not keen on overspending. We get that. But let’s quickly consider why cheaper moving boxes cause problems for homeowners:
- Cheap boxes are more likely to tear and break under a heavy load
- Inexpensive storage containers are not as durable when stacking (weak boxes at the bottom in a moving truck are likely to be crushed)
- Boxes may not withstand exposure to moisture
The last thing you want to experience when you open the moving truck at your new home is a crushed box and damaged items, or clothes strewn around the back. You may end up spending more than planned to replace busted items.
Getting High-Quality Boxes for your Move
Remember, you won’t have to spend a fortune to receive high-quality moving boxes for your big day. Here are a few tips to make everything more manageable:
- Buy your moving boxes in bulk: Often, the price per box is reduced significantly when you purchase a set of moving boxes.
- Take a Box, Leave a Box – Some moving companies offer programs to pick up and drop off used boxes with ease.
To schedule affordable moving services, contact American Way Van & Storage by calling 937-898-7294. We’re awaiting your call today!