Why Use a ProMover?
1) They uphold ethical and honest business practices.
ProMover, the U.S. moving industry’s consumer protection and certification program, is designed to fight fraud by giving you an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from con artists out to make a quick buck at your expense. Every ProMover has pledged to abide by all federal regulations and the American Moving & Storage Association’s Code of Ethics.
2) ProMovers are screened to save you time and energy.
The ProMover program takes the worry and the hassles out of moving by helping you easily identify quality professional movers. Every ProMover is only authorized to display the program’s logo after undergoing an extensive seven-point background check to make sure they’re who they say they are.
3) ProMovers take the guesswork out of the moving process.
Top Tips For a Successful Move
- Be wary of phone or Internet estimates. Get three in-home, written estimates and show the mover everything to be moved, including items in attics, basements, garages, storage areas, sheds, etc. Typically, two of the estimates will be close in price, weight, and service. Select one of those; movers with unusually high or low bids should generally be avoided.
- Be wary of carriers seeking large down payments to hold dates or to reserve service.
- Ask questions! The moving business can be complex and has its own jargon. If you aren’t satisfied with the answers, or if the mover hesitates when you ask for clarification, talk to another company.
- For interstate shipments, obtain and read the required “pre-move” documents from your carrier: Your Rights and Responsibilities, Ready to Move, and information on the arbitration program that the carrier participates in.
To learn more about American Van Way & Storage and the benefits of hiring a ProMover, contact us at 937-898-7294.